Manufacturing Engineering Technician
Help Build Revcor's Future!
Hands-on technician to assist with troubleshooting of tooling and support projects to improve manufacturing tools and fixtures. Assist tooling and manufacturing engineers to address tooling needs via documentation, reverse engineering and CNC programming to improve product quality on fans, wheels, or blower packages.
- Under technical direction, troubleshoot and analyze tooling problems and implement corrective actions for high quality, efficient manufacturing solutions.
- Help identify required tools, jigs and fixtures, or other new or special equipment required for new production or improvements to existing production lines.
- Create tooling documentation by reverse engineering tooling using both manual measurements and 3D scanning
- Perform tooling detail and jig and fixture design
- Reading and interpreting technical blueprints and design models
- Use CNC software to program cutting paths, feeds and speeds as appropriate for a variety of tool steels and program machines accordingly
- Adjust machine cutting paths or settings to optimize production while maintaining quality
- Loading and clamping raw materials into the CNC machine, indicating the part to be machined, homing the machine and loading tool holders into the carousel in preparation for executing CNC programs
- Perform quality assurance tests to ensure parts meet design specifications
- Troubleshoot and resolve problems with machines and programs as they arise
- Perform basic machine maintenance such as cleaning and sharpening
Qualifications and Skills
- Associates Degree in Manufacturing or Mechanical Engineering Technology. Must have a good mechanical aptitude of general machinery
- Proficient in Solidworks or similar 3D modeling package
- Familiarity with BobCAD-CAM, Esprit CAM or similar CNC programming software
- Previous work experience as a CNC programmer, including surface machining and hard milling desirable
- Knowledge of surface modeling, surface continuity issues, laser scanning/reverse engineering and 3D printing/AM desirable
- Should have a positive and professional attitude
- Must have strong attention to detail
- Capable of standing for extended periods of time
- Available to work weekends and overtime
- Ability to lift up to 40 pounds for short periods of time