Join our top-notch supply chain team!
The Production Scheduler, reporting to the Scheduling Manager, will perform all planning, scheduling, expediting, purchase releases and problem solving necessary to ensure customer needs are met. This position will work closing with all departments within the company including Customer Service, Production, Engineering and Quality to make sure all production needs are met to satisfy all customer orders.
This position reports to the Vice President of Materials.
- Create Production orders in IFS for finished goods and components to support customer requirements in a make to order short lead time environment
- Create production schedules in accordance with product line capacity and level load workflow whenever possible, fully utilizing capacity planning within ERP
- Manage production schedules and revise as required due to material shortages, equipment problems, capacity constraints, etc.
- Release orders to Revcor suppliers that assure timely delivery to support shop order production
- Run exception reports and respond accordingly
- Monitor, measure and report on time Customer delivery and identify opportunities for improvement
- Manage slow moving and obsolete inventories
- Analyze planning parameters on items and weigh the risk factors between improved efficiency in production vs inventory levels
- Review Engineering Change Notices and work with production, purchasing and engineering to ensure all requirements are satisfied and material is available or quarantined as required
- Effectively interface with all areas of the company to insure customer and company needs are met
- Review product line workload and identify areas of concern and make recommendations for improvement
- Education: Associates degree desired
- At least 3 years planning experience in a manufacturing environment
- Proficiency with Excel
- Experience with ERP and DRP software, generating MPS, MRPII, and DRP schedules
- Proven ability to build relationships