Quality Technician 1st Shift
Help Ensure Revcor's Future!
- Responsible for gauge and fixture design using SolidWorks or AutoCAD, development, quoting, ordering, and building. Create the design and operate a 3D printer
- Support manufacturing with maintenance of gauges and fixtures, and repair service to gauges and fixtures. Identifies, maintains, and researches vendors for sourcing gauges, fixtures, outside calibration and gauge/fixture components
- Responsible for identifying and ordering measurement and inspection equipment, keeping spare parts and replacement for gauges and fixtures, provide support to and backup for the calibration Quality Technician, and assorted record-keeping
- Responsible for CMM operation and programming to create and maintain programs for inspector/operator use. Creation of fixturing details needed for CMM operation. Also, trains operators in the set up and use of the available programs to inspect parts.
- Responsible for providing backup for receiving inspection, in-process inspection, and final inspection activities and documenting the results when needed; gauge R&R studies, training and maintaining records as required. Create capability studies, FAI, ISIR, and PPAP type documents; customer return evaluations, process and continuous improvement activities.
- Performs Capability Studies and Inspection Layouts as needed to support Customers, Engineering, and Quality activities. Ability to evaluate capability studies.
- Works independently and coordinates with other departments such as Manufacturing, Manufacturing Engineering, Engineering, Tool Room, Purchasing, etc. to complete assignments
- Makes recommendations for improvements
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Skills
- 3 to 5 years or more working in quality
- CMM programming experience required
- GD&T knowledge, blueprint reading, SPC knowledge
- Must have knowledge of measuring processes and equipment including optical equipment and electrical measurements for sheet metal fabrication and assembly processes
- Familiar with computer usage and gauge calibration software
- Basic knowledge of ISO 9001 Business Management Systems
- Familiar with capability studies, first piece inspection, Gauge R&R studies
- Self-motivated, organized, mechanical minded, ability to take direction, manage multiple tasks at once, and good communication skills