Senior Quality Assurance Manage
Join our Growing Team!
In Revcor, our mission is to make it easy for our customers to achieve competitive advantages by delivering revolutionary airflow (RAF) solutions, products, and services.
Revcor’s revolutionary airflow services deliver turnkey solutions from requirements definition to baseline testing, feasibility analysis, part design, tooling, and Lean Manufacturing. Our strength is in meeting customer requirements by optimizing all key air-moving components as a complete system. We engineer the air-moving system, including the blower wheel and housing or the fan blade and venturi, along with the motor specifications to offer the best-cost solutions for our customer’s airflow-dependent systems.
Overview of position
The Senior Quality Assurance Manager, reporting to the VP of Quality and Process Management, will work closely with all departments within the company including Manufacturing, Supply Chain, Engineering, Sales, IT, HR, and Finance to make sure all Company Quality needs are met to satisfy all customer orders. Responsible for identifying, analyzing, and developing continual improvements in productivity, quality, client relationships, and customer service. Effectively interface well with customers, engineering, production, suppliers, and sales personnel. Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required. Significant experience leading ISO9001 certification maintenance. The qualified candidate will be highly motivated with the ability to manage multiple priorities, along with strong team orientation and interpersonal skills.
- Direct, Manage and supervise the Quality department staff direct reports in the US and Mexico Plants.
- Establish priorities and future planning for the Quality department.
- Drive continual improvement.
- Customer survey documents and customer quality staff audits.
- All aspects of IFS Document Management: Maintain user permissions for document access, add new document classes, be the resource for users with document issues, assign document numbers as needed, and maintain document formatting.
- Customer Complaints. Maintain IFS user permissions, follow up on open customer complaints, and notify upper management of major customer complaints. Issue regular reports on major customer complaint issues to upper management.
- RMA process oversight, disposition, and assignment of QEs to work on issues, notify upper management of major issues, and credit approval.
- Create, update and distribute period reports for business metrics.
- ISO9001 Management Representative, participates in audits by our registrar. Advise Leadership Team on ISO9001 topics.
- Management Review participation and organization of quarterly meetings.
- Responsible for the Internal Audit program managed by a Quality Engineer.
- Responsible for maintaining correction and corrective action systems in IFS and follow-up for establishing priority of actions.
- Keep the Quality equipment up to date including measurement equipment, inspection processes, and work instructions.
- Quality department staffing.
- Supplier Quality management.
- Management of environmental reporting for customer requests and participate in Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) as it replaces Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR).
- Certified Quality Engineer (CQE) or Certified Manager of Quality / Organizational Excellence (CMQ/OE) through the American Society for Quality (ASQ).
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline such as Quality, Mechanical, or Manufacturing Engineering, a Masters in Quality or Business would be a plus.
- Statistical training.
- Significant ISO9001 experience, training as a Lead Assessor, and Management Representative experience.
- Minimum of 10 years (15 years preferred) experience leading a Quality organization
- Ideally, experience is in sheet metal stamping and assembly with electrical processes- Familiar with stamping, forming, coil-fed progressive dies, machining, welding, painting, plating, sheet metal assembly, electrical testing, supplier management, and outsourcing
- Familiar with ERP systems, IFS familiarity is a plus.
- Knowledge of and ability to support customer environmental reporting.
- Ability to use MS Office, Minitab, and other statistical software packages.
- Fluent in reading, speaking, and writing Spanish would be a plus.
- Ability to travel to Mexico as needed and possibly other US and international travel.